- I am an electrical engineer with a concentration on biomedical signal and image processing with the following educational background and experience:
Finally, I returned to homeland and have joined the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at TOBB ETÜ as an Assoc. Prof. in 2013.
- My research interests are in the areas of biomedical signal and image processing with statistical approaches and machine learning techniques, more details can be seen
- I have collaborated with renowned medical doctors and physicists from several institutions, including University of Toronto, University of Chicago, Istanbul Technical University and
Hacettepe University to build interdisciplinary teams that can solve complex
biomedical problems that are at the intersection of several fields such as Engineering, Medicine, and Mathematics, and served as a consultant for medical imaging and device companies.
- I have published over 50 book chapters, journal articles, and conference papers;
served as a member of several scientific and technical committees and a referee for various grant programs, meetings and journals;
developed and taught several undergraduate and graduate classes; and also advised around 20 PhD, MS and BS students.
- I am a senior member of IEEE and a recipient of the 2013 EU Marie-Curie COFUND/TÜBİTAK Cocirculation Award.